BBC News Reports:
You may remember a couple of a years ago, my daughter did the same thing, so I am vindicated. Kind of. In this story, they seemed to have removed it with dish washing soap and didn't have to get a bread knife near his head.
The boy, aged two and a half, and his worried mother went to Braintree fire station after she was unable to get the small trainer seat off his head.
Firefighter Chris Cox said: "We put some dish washing liquid on his head and ears and it slid off nice as pie.
"The boy was very brave and didn't make a fuss and once we had got the seat off he toddled away as happy as can be."
Mr Cox added: "The boy had put his head through it and couldn't get it out again, he came in here wearing it like a collar.
"His mum had tried to get it over his head but couldn't budge it so she walked him down here and asked us to have a look at it and we went to work and we managed to get it off in no time."
They other funny thing about this story is several people asked me at the time why I didn't take her to the fire station for help. I thought that was a weird idea because clearly she wasn't on fire. (Not when I started removing the seat, anyway.) My mistake. Apparently they handle all sort of mishaps and have plenty of dish washing liquid on hand.